- 500mg Elemental Calcium Citrate
- 500mg Vitamin D3
- Easy-to-mix powder
- No large pills to swallow
- No taste, just a light sweetness
- Convenient pre-measured packets or value can with scoop!
Lightly sweet but unflavored powdered Calcium Citrate with added Vitamin D3 to aid in absorption. Each 5g serving contains 500mg of Elemental Calcium plus 500IU of Vitamin D3.
Easy-to-mix powder helps you meet your daily Calcium and Vitamin D3 needs! This powdered supplement eliminates the challenge of swallowing large pills. Bariatric and osteoporosis friendly!
*Please note: Calcium is a mineral (rock) and will not dissolve. This is a finely ground powder but you will still notice it if not mixed in something with substance.*
Favorite ways to enjoy:
- Mix in yogurt, pudding, or oatmeal
- Mix in a protein shake
- Empty powder into mouth and take a drink. (Many people state the powder reminds them of the white candy sticks.)
- Mix with a little bit of water or milk to make a fruit dip or icing drizzle
How many powder packets (servings) should you take? Always follow your doctor/dietitians recommendation. Values below are based on the ASMBS guidelines.
- No weight loss surgery: 2 to 3 daily (based on RDV of 1000-1500mg Calcium depending on age)
- Gastric Sleeve surgery: 2 to 3 daily = 1000 to 1500mg Calcium)
- Gastric Band surgery: 2 to 3 daily = 1000 to 1500mg Calcium)
- Gastric Bypass surgery: 2 to 3 daily = 1000 to 1500mg Calcium)
- Biliopancreatic Diversion/Duodenal Switch (BPD/DS) surgery: 3 to 4 servings daily = 1500 to 2000mg Calcium)
|Serving Size: 1 Packet / 1 Scoop (5g)|
|Servings Per Stick Box: 80 Servings Per Can: 114|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Carbohydrate||3 g|
|Vitamin D3 (as Cholecalciferol)||500IU||120%|
|Calcium Citrate (Elemental)**||500mg||50%|
|*Percent Daily Value are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.|
Ingredients: Calcium Citrate, Dextrose, and Vitamin D3
**Elemental Calcium is the amount actually absorbed.
|Made to U.S. Pharmacopeia (USP) quality, purity, and potency standards.|
|Instructions: Stir one serving of UpCalD into 2-8oz of any beverage or soft food.|
I have tried so many different calcium products since having gastric bypass. I would rank these powder packets 2nd after the ProCare Calcium Dark Chocolate. The Mocktails/Dinner Mint/Cinnamon Roll chews came in 3rd. The chocolate can't be shipped in the summer due to melting risk so this is a great alternative. They're all fantastic products and worth trying.
I use this regularly: just add it to any dish or beverage. No taste.
This is great. I can’t take the pills they make me sick. This goes down smooth and gets the job done.
I love these packets. I can grab and go and out them in almost any drink. I never forget my calcium now. No taste whatsoever. SCORE!!!
Have been using since my gastric sleeve surgery a year and a half ago. Calcium levels have been great.
I was concerned the first time I tried to use this product because it did not completely dissolve as I expected it to. After reading more about it, I learned that it isn’t suppose to dissolve completely. I now pour a little bit on my tongue at a time and it works GREAT!
Like the sweetness
Been taking a year now. Very easy to use the powder. Great value too.