- 500mg Elemental Calcium Citrate
- 500mg Vitamin D3
- Easy-to-Mix Powder
- No large pills to swallow
- No taste, just a light sweetness
- Convenient Pre Measured packets or Value Can with scoop!
Lightly sweet but unflavored powdered Calcium Citrate with added Vitamin D3 to aid in absorption. Each 5g serving contains 500mg of elemental calcium plus 500IU of Vitamin D3 and is about a teaspoon of powder.
Easy-to-mix powder helps you meet your daily Calcium and Vitamin D3 needs! This powdered supplement eliminates the challenge of swallowing large pills. Bariatric and osteoporosis friendly! *Please note Calcium is a mineral (rock) and will not dissolve. This is a finely ground powder but you will still notice it if not mixed in something with substance.*
Favorite ways to enjoy:
- Mix in yogurt, pudding, or oatmeal
- Mix in a protein shake
- Empty powder into mouth and take a drink. (Many people state the powder reminds them of the white candy sticks.)
- Mix with a little bit of water or milk to make a fruit dip or icing drizzle
How many powder packets should you take? Always follow your doctor/dietitians recommendation. Values below are based on the ASMBS guidelines.
- No weight loss surgery: 2 to 3 daily (based on RDV of 1000-1500 mg calcium depending on age)
- Gastric Sleeve surgery: 2 to 3 daily = 1000 to 1500 mg calcium)
- Gastric Band surgery: 2 to 3 daily = 1000 to 1500 mg calcium)
- Gastric Bypass surgery: 2 to 3 daily = 1000 to 1500 mg calcium)
- Biliopancreatic Diversion/Duodenal Switch (BPD/DS) surgery: 3 to 4 chews daily = 1500 to 2000 mg calcium)
|Serving Size: 1 Packet / 1 Scoop(5g)|
|Servings Per Stick Box: 80 Servings Per Can: 114|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Carbohydrate||3 g|
|Vitamin D3 (as Cholecalciferol)||500IU||120%|
|Calcium Citrate (Elemental)**||500mg||50%|
|*Percent Daily Value are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.|
|Ingredients: Calcium Citrate, Dextrose, and Vitamin D3 **Elemental Calcium is the amount actually absorbed.|
|Made to U.S. Pharmacopeia (USP) quality, purity, and potency standards.|
|Instructions: Stir one serving of UpCalD into 2-8oz of any beverage or soft food.|
I'm thankful for this product in that it will be great for my RNY liquid phase. It is chalky, as is to be expected, but not terribly unpleasant. I'm going to switch to a chewable product after this box is gone, though.
Easy to use. Great results.
Easy to use. Taste is not bad. Dissolves fast.
I really like this powder calcium. I can mix it with almost anything and doesn't change the taste.
Have only mixed with water and does not mix well. Very grainy.
This is another great product and really helped me due to I can’t seem to be bale to dissolve my meds as I should this made it easier and more convenient for me
love this product
Taste like a pixy stix! I just dump in my mouth, then take a swig of water, swish it around and swallow! Taste great and easy to take!
There really isn't a taste, but there is a texture and thickness. I just can't take the texture and thickness adding properties. Wait and take a calcium pill!