UpCal D | Powdered Calcium Citrate | Canister
Lightly sweet but unflavored powdered Calcium Citrate with added Vitamin D3 to aid in absorption. Each 5g serving contains 500mg of Elemental Calcium plus 500IU of Vitamin D3.
Easy-to-mix powder helps you meet your daily Calcium and Vitamin D3 needs! This powdered supplement eliminates the challenge of swallowing large pills. Bariatric and osteoporosis friendly!
*Please note: Calcium is a mineral (rock) and will not dissolve. This is a finely ground powder but you will still notice it if not mixed in something with substance.*
Favorite ways to enjoy:
- Mix in yogurt, pudding, or oatmeal
- Mix in a protein shake
- Empty powder into mouth and take a drink. (Many people state the powder reminds them of the white candy sticks.)
- Mix with a little bit of water or milk to make a fruit dip or icing drizzle
How many powder packets (servings) should you take? Always follow your doctor/dietitians recommendation. Values below are based on the ASMBS guidelines.
- No weight loss surgery: 2 to 3 daily (based on RDV of 1000-1500mg Calcium depending on age)
- Gastric Sleeve surgery: 2 to 3 daily = 1000 to 1500mg Calcium)
- Gastric Band surgery: 2 to 3 daily = 1000 to 1500mg Calcium)
- Gastric Bypass surgery: 2 to 3 daily = 1000 to 1500mg Calcium)
- Biliopancreatic Diversion/Duodenal Switch (BPD/DS) surgery: 3 to 4 servings daily = 1500 to 2000mg Calcium)